As a best practice, the Academy of Leadership and Professional Development offers Coaching Partnerships yearly to support managers of Tier 3 work units. This award-winning program has the distinction of being named as a best practice in leadership development. It pairs managers of Tier 1 work units with those of Tier 3 units. This resource provides support and development through the coaching relationship, as well as a structure for sharing best practices among managers with a different, unbiased perspective in a safe environment. The Partnership is a collaborative effort to seek and define methods and strategies, which best meet the needs of the unit.
Data from previous programs indicate that managers who participate have shown a statistically significant improvement in the employee engagement scores the following year. Employee engagement has a positive correlation with productivity, profitability, customer satisfaction, and employee retention. And in healthcare specifically, increased engagement means a safer, higher quality care can be provided by staff who are focused on serving the needs of GHS patients.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the Coaching Partnership
- Understand how Coaching Partnerships can contribute to leadership development
GHS Core Professional and Leadership Competencies
- 8 month Program
- 2 hour Introductory Class
- Additional time outside Classroom
- 1 hour monthly meetings
Comments from prior participants
- I know I certainly benefited from this experience!
- Developing a positive and trustworthy Coaching Partnership was the first step in our process. This opened up the opportunity for me, the Manager, to consider a different perspective on how to see myself as a Manager.
- I learned to better define and communicate expectations with staff…coaching has been a very good thing this year!